Posted for Francesca Dell’Oro:
The Faculty of Arts of the University of Lausanne invites applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher SNSF in Computational Linguistics or Corpus Linguistics with a focus on Latin in the Language and Information Sciences Department.
Expected start date in position : 1st March 2019 (or to be agreed)
Contract length : 4 years
Activity rate : 75%
Workplace : Lausanne-Dorigny
The successful candidate will work on the project « A world of possibilities. Modal pathways on the extra-long period of time: the diachrony of modality in the Latin language » founded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF n° PP00P1_176778).
The team will consist of the PI and of a PhD student in addition to the Post-doc.
The main tasks of the post-doc researcher will be:
– the development of suitable annotation schemes
– the creation and development of a database and of its interface
– the creation and maintenance of the website of the project
– the annotation of Latin texts
– the collaboration at various research activities connected with the project (publications and other ways of disseminating results)