The fall programme of the Sunoikisis Digital Classics course has just started, with online sessions via YouTube on Thursdays at 16h00 UK/11h00 New York. This semester, focussed on objects, space and heritage data, rus in parallel with courses taught at the Institute of Classical Studies, University of London (ICS03), and Institute for the Study of the Ancient World, New York University (ISAW-GA-3024), and includes contributions from colleagues and students worldwide.
- Sep 29. Introduction: Object artefact script (Gabriel Bodard)
- Oct 6. 3D Imaging, Photogrammetry (Sebastian Heath)
- Oct 13. Geography 1: Gazetteers (Valeria Vitale, Usama Gad and Gabriel Bodard)
- Oct 20. 3D Modelling, Computer Aided Design (Valeria Vitale)
- Oct 27. Geography 2: Carto (Tom Elliott)
- Nov 3. Geography 3: GIS (Leif Isaksen)
- Nov 10. Ontologies and Data Modelling (Arianna Ciula and Charlotte Tupman)
- Nov 17. Data Structuring and Querying (Tom Elliott and Sebastian Heath)
- Nov 24. Data Visualization (Jonathan Blaney, Sarah Milligan, Jane Winters)
- Dec 1. Network Analysis (Silke Vanbeselaere and Greg Woolf)
- Dec 8. Crowdsourcing Heritage and Conservation (John Pearce)
- Dec 15. Historical sources (Monica Berti)
All are welcome to follow these sessions remotely (live or after the event). Please get in touch if you would like to get involved more directly with these or future Sunoikisis DC programmes.